The U.S. Bureau of Labor states that college graduates earn an average of 61% more than non-college graduates and have more job opportunities – a clear premium on education. On the other hand, a report from the Economist suggests that the value of a college degree decreases as the number of graduates increases.
Faced with technological advancements and change in job requirements, it is hard to argue that knowledge gained via college degrees will help achieve the goals in one`s chosen subject and career. Also, not everyone is good or wants to learn math or data science to meet the new industry demands.
The Big Divide
The education system has led to a divide in the job market. Candidates with college degrees and those with specific job skills acquired by short-term courses. Given the number of candidates passing out of academic programs, employers are more likely to choose individuals with full-time college qualifications.
But subpar educational institutes do not produce enough graduates with the skills companies need. Add to this fact graduates are left with certificates that are practically worthless, putting them at a disadvantage.
To be able to battle this divide, individuals will need to gain in-demand job skills and a valid certificate that can be verified. This will not only bridge the rising gap between skill and employment but will also improve livelihoods.
Now finding an institute should not be a challenge. Candidates can sign up to Certif-ID. A platform that verifies institutions and training programs, making sure that it meets a certain set of standards. Individuals graduating from these institutes will have the opportunity to be part of a global network and:
- Build a profile to showcase job skills
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and upskill or reskill with little effort
- Gain a globally recognised digital certificate anchored in blockchain
- Explore new career paths or even countries
Strengthening the Links in the Education Ecosystem
The links are the institutes that provide high-quality training and certification courses, the candidates with verifiable certificates, and the recruiters looking for skilled candidates.
- Institutions on Certif-ID can roll out a digital certificate via the Certif-ID platform directly into a candidate’s profile
- The well-structured candidate profile is designed to get results: It is a dashboard showing the individual’s academic credentials, competencies and work experience in one place
- Candidates can utilise their profile to showcase their credentials and skills, gain an edge among their peers and define a new career path towards a better lifestyle
- Employers can be sure of hiring the right candidate (without the help of consultancies) as Certif-ID allows recruiters to search for qualified profiles based on competencies (skills) against the job requirements
Adopting a growth mindset when it comes to work, and having the ability to learn, upskill or re-skill when required will increase an individual’s capability to acquire new knowledge and use it productively. Irrespective of a college degree or a certification course, qualified professionals need not worry about being stuck in low-paying jobs, they can sign up to the platform and explore multiple career options.
Gaining the right skills with a verifiable certification can certainly boost employability. But, Certif-ID’s blockchain platform can provide the added advantage of promoting employment and growth.
Certif-ID welcomes candidates looking for jobs, educational institutes wanting to increase their brand reputation and recruiters looking to hire the right talent to join its blockchain platform. For more information, you can write to us here or schedule an exclusive demonstration.